What 96% Of Your Customers Aren’t Telling You!
The Nice Customer . . . . Who Never Comes Back
Why The Power Of Listening Is Important To Business
You know them, they are the nice customer. They never complain, no matter what kind of service they get.
* The Power Of Listening Fact: 1 unhappy customer tells + 26 other customers = 27 unhappy customers. 27 unhappy customers tell + 10 others = 270 unhappy customer referrals. 270 People have now heard about ONE bad experience (With YOUR BUSINESS).
They have found that people are disagreeable to them when they do. They know that life is too short to indulge in those unpleasant little battles. They never kick, they never nag, they never criticize. They wouldn’t dream of making a scene in a public place. They think that’s horrid! They are the Nice Customer.
* The Power Of Listening Fact: The average business never hears from 96% of its unhappy customers.
We’ll tell you what else they are! They are the customer who never comes back! That’s their revenge for getting pushed around.
* The Power Of Listening Fact: Dissatisfied customers may tell 10-17 people about their bad experience.
It’s true . . . this doesn’t relieve their feelings right away. Some people get satisfaction by complaining to the service providers, but this way is a far more deadly revenge!
* The Power Of Listening Fact: For every complaint received the average business, in fact, has 26 customers with similar concerns.
In fact, a nice customer like themselves, multiplied by others of their kind, can just about ruin a business! There are a lot of nice people in the world just like them.
* The Power Of Listening Fact: Of the customers who register a complaint, as many as 70% will do business again with your organization if the complaint is resolved effectively. This figure goes up to 95% if the complaint is/was resolved quickly.
When they get pushed far enough, they go down the street to another business (your competitor). They go to places where the staff are smart enough to appreciate nice customers. Together, they cost them millions of dollars in potential revenue each year.
* The Power Of Listening Fact: Customers who have had their complaints satisfactorily resolved tell an average of (only) 5 people about the treatment they received.
They laugh when they see a business so frantically spending their money on advertising to get them back, when they could have held their business in the first place with a few kind words and a smile!
* The Power Of Listening Fact: It costs 5 times more to attract a new customer than it does to keep an old customer. More Maximum Marketing Tips For you RIGHT HERE!
Spend your advertising dollars wisely – Pay attention to the Power of Listening and Keep your Nice Customers happy customers! They are the ones who keep coming back! . . . Are YOU Listening!
* – Power of Listening Fact research resource: Technical Assistance Programs Institute, Washington D.C.
Check Out These Other Great Tips On How to Keep Your Customers Happy From Well-Read, Famous Authors!
Mischelle Watkins, Author